Recurring appointments are a great way for you to manage regular clients, ensuring their favourite services are always booked at their preferred times, with their preferred members of staff. Use our recurring appointments feature to easily create a series of repeating appointments.
Create a recurring appointment
- When creating a new appointment or editing an appointment, click on the date and scroll down to Repeating options.
- Click on the Frequency drop-down and choose how often you’d like the appointment to recur.
- Under Ends, you can choose the number of times you'd like the appointment to recur, a Specific date when the last appointment will take place, or Ongoing if you’d like the appointments to recur indefinitely.
- Once selected, click on Apply changes, then Save.
You will now have a series of recurring appointments in your calendar. You will be able to identify these by the Repeating appointment icon .
NOTE: Recurring appointments set indefinitely are created up to 12 months in advance. Depending on how busy your calendar is, the recurring button may appear as Loading. Clicking on the loading button will still allow you to create a recurring appointment.
Edit recurring appointments
If the client would like to make a change to the time of an appointment in a recurring series, you can apply that change to a single booking. To do this:
- Go to your Calendar and click on the appointment you’re looking to edit.
- Select More Options, then Reschedule.
- This will take you back to your calendar, where you can select a new start time.
- Alternatively, you can click on More Options then Edit Appointment to apply changes to the appointment.
- Once your changes have been made, click Apply changes.
- you'll be given options to either Update all upcoming appointments or Update this appointment only.
- Click Update to confirm changes.
PRO TIP: You can also reschedule a recurring appointment by using our drag and drop feature. You can reschedule the appointment to a different time (if using our daily calendar view) or a different day (if using our weekly view). This will only affect the appointment you move, not the rest of the appointments in the recurring series.
Cancel a recurring appointment
There are two ways you can cancel a recurring appointment:
- Click on the appointment in your Calendar and select Cancel from the More options dropdown.
- Choose a reason for cancellation.
- If you want to cancel all upcoming appointments, make sure the blue tick had been selected.If you’re just cancelling the one appointment, make sure this hasn’t been selected.
- Once confirmed, click Cancel appointment.
PRO TIP: You can also cancel a recurring appointment by selecting the appointment from your calendar, clicking Edit, and changing the Repeat option back to Do Not Repeat. Once you Apply changes and Save, all future appointments will be removed from the series.
NOTE: You cannot cancel a recurring appointment that has already passed. Instead, you’ll need to mark it as a No-show.
Click here for more information on how to cancel an appointment.