Adding staff members allows you to assign services to the right employees.
How to add bookable staff members
To create an appointment, you’ll need to set up bookable staff members that can perform your services:
- Go to Staff and select Staff Members.
- Click the icon to Add staff.
- Once selected you can start adding the following information:
- Basic info - You’ll need to include the staff member's full name, job title, and any other information you think might be useful. All fields are optional except for the first name.
- Contact - Email address and mobile number.
- Employment - The staff member's start date and end date (where relevant).
- Works at - If you have multiple locations, you'll need to click next to the locations where this staff member works.
- Booking - Use the toggle to allow this staff member to make client bookings on the calendar.
- Calendar colour - Choose a colour for this staff member so they can easily spot their appointments in your calendar.
- Provide services - Click Edit and select the services this staff member is able to offer.
- Commission - Decide how much commission this staff member makes.
- Staff permission - Choose what level of access you'd like this staff member to have. Click here for more information on setting your staff permissions.
Once you’re happy with the information provided, click Save.
PRO TIP: You only need to include their email address if you'd like them to receive Staff Notifications and/or have individual login access.
NOTE: You can add a new staff member using their first name only. To update their profile at a later date, go to Staff members and click on the name of the staff member you’re making changes to.
PRO TIP: To rearrange the order of your staff members as they appear on your calendar and online bookings, click Options , select Change the order and click and drag the staff member's name to the desired position.
How to add non-service providers (admins and receptionists)
If your staff member is not a service provider, but an admin or a receptionist, you can remove them from being bookable on the calendar.
When adding a non-service provider, simply follow the steps outlined above but make sure you disable the Booking toggle.
NOTE: Extra information can be added to your staff member details within the Staff Notes. This information is optional and for internal use only.