Fresha provides a comprehensive suite of reports to help show your earnings from appointments and product sales. To access your Sales Reports, click on Analytics > Reports.
Understanding Sales Reports
Our sales reports have the following common characteristics:
- The reporting period is based on the date that an invoice is generated, not the date of an underlying appointment. E.g. if an appointment is made on 1 Jan, but an invoice isn't raised until the next day, the sales report will show the invoice for 2 Jan
- The reporting period can be modified by the Date Range
- They can be exported into PDF, Excel, and CSV formats
- They can be Filtered to allow for further breakdowns (e.g. by online or offline, by staff, etc.)
Sales reports are structured similarly, and all include the following information:
- Gross Sales: Sales generated during the reporting period before discounts or refunds, and without tax
- Net Sales: Sales generated during the reporting period after discounts and refunds, and without tax
- Total Sales: Sales generated during the reporting period after discounts and refunds, and including tax
Note: Reports are structured this way in order to simplify accounting procedures. For example, your Net Sales are reflective of your business's revenue and are the basis for calculating your tax liability. Whereas your Total Sales is reflective of total invoice amounts, and will generally correspond to payments received (before tips).
Fresha offers a number of sales performance reports to help you understand. These are:
- Sales by item: Sales broken down by each product and service sold during the reporting period. This report is essentially a combination of the Sales by service and Sales by product report
- Sales by type: Total product sales and total service sales during the reporting period
- Sales by service: Sales broken down by each service sold during the reporting period. Product sales do not show up in this report
- Sales by product: Sales broken down by each product sold during the reporting period. Service sales do not show up in this report
- Sales by location: Sales broken down by each location
- Sales by channel: Sales broken down by online sales vs. offline sales
- Sales by client: Sales broken down by customer
- Sales by staff: Sales broken down by the staff member that performed the service or sold the product
In addition, Fresha has a number of time-series reports that help you analyze the busiest times of your business. These are:
Fresha also has one additional comprehensive report called the Sales log report. When exported to a CSV, the Sales Log report is the most comprehensive report on Fresha, and has details on all sales activity that you and your accountant will love!
Tip: If you notice that your sales reports aren't showing any data, make sure you are generating invoices and completing appointments.
For more on reports, see: