Connect to WiFi to start using your Fresha card terminal. We’ll walk you through how to connect your device to WiFi or change the WiFi network.
In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Fresha card terminals overview
- Getting started
- How to connect and change the WiFi on Fresha S1 card terminals
- How to connect and change the WiFi on V400m card terminals
Fresha card terminals overview
Fresha card terminals are a quick and easy payment method which allows you to accept in-store payments from clients who can choose to pay in a range of ways.
While these portable devices are fully integrated with your business account, you will need to connect to the internet. We recommend using WiFi for the best connection. You'll also need to follow the same steps to update your WiFi network if you change WiFi providers or locations.
You’ll need to follow the steps for your terminal as these can vary:
Connecting to WiFi on your card terminal is a straightforward process and you’ll only need the following things to get started:
- Your terminal PIN codes
- A strong WiFi connection
- The password to your WiFi network
- Access to the WiFi router if possible
How to change the WiFi on Fresha S1 card terminals
From the main screen, tap on the Settings option.
Access the Admin menu using the PIN code 5358.
Tap WiFi and then the gear icon.
Select the new WiFi network you’d like to join.
Enter the WiFi password and tap Connect.
Within a few minutes, a WiFi icon and cloud icon will appear at the top of the display.
How to change the WiFi on V400m card terminals
- From the main screen, press 1 followed by the green circle button on your card terminal.
- Access the Staff menu using the PIN code 1234 followed by the green circle button.
- Go to Network and select WiFi (make sure the WiFi toggle is turned ON).
- Select the new WiFi network you’d like to join.
- Enter the WiFi password followed by the green circle button.
- Tap the check mark to confirm.
- Within a few minutes, a WiFi icon and cloud icon will appear at the top of the display.
- Always check if the WiFi router has enough IP addresses available to connect.
- Check that your WiFi is working with other devices such as your phone or laptop.
- If the WiFi router doesn’t work properly, try factory resetting your router or get in touch with your internet provider to look into this further.
Do I need WiFi to use my card terminal?
To run your card terminal within your business, you’ll need to be able to connect to the internet (WiFi or mobile hotspot).
Is using a Bluetooth connection the same as a WiFi connection on a card terminal?
A Bluetooth connection is not the same as a WiFi connection. Only the V400m card terminal can connect to an Ethernet LAN when connected to a Bluetooth dock station. We recommend connecting to WiFi however if this isn’t available, you can use a mobile phone hotspot.
What should I do if my screen says ‘Network type must be set up in Customer Area’ when trying to connect to the WiFi?
If you’re presented with a ‘Network type must be set up in Customer Area’ message when trying to connect your Fresha card terminal to WiFi, try checking your network before contacting our team who will be able to investigate and assist further.