Keep everything connected and check your card terminals API/network regularly. Learn how to ensure your network connection is working.
In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Fresha card terminals overview
- Getting started
- How to check the API/network on Fresha S1 card terminals
- How to check the API/network on V400m card terminals
- Fresha’s top tips
- Fresha FAQs
Fresha card terminals overview
Fresha card terminals are a quick and easy payment method which allows you to accept in-store payments from clients who can choose to pay in a range of ways. These portable devices are fully integrated with your business.
Checking the API/network can vary depending on the card terminal model you have, so you’ll need to follow the steps for your terminal:
Checking the API/network on a Fresha card terminal won’t require any prep or your business account. You can do this directly on our device using the correct PIN codes.
How to change the WiFi on Fresha S1 card terminals
From the main screen, tap on Settings and select Diagnostics.
Tap on the PSP connection and continue to the next part.
Tap on Terminal API and continue to the next part.
Tap on Endpoints and continue to the next part.
How to change the WiFi on V400m card terminals
- From the main screen on your card terminal, access the Admin menu using the PIN code 5358 followed by the green circle button.
- Go to Network and select Diagnostics.
- Select Terminal API / Network.
Fresha’s top tips
🟣 If you experience any errors while following the above steps, please contact our team with a screenshot or a video using your registered email, and we'll investigate this further.
What should I do if my screen says ‘Network type must be set up in Customer Area’ when trying to connect to the WiFi?
If you’re presented with a ‘Network type must be set up in Customer Area’ message when trying to connect your Fresha card terminal to WiFi, try taking the following troubleshooting steps if you have a V400m model:
- Press 9 followed by the green circle button.
- Enter PIN 5358 and go to Networks.
- Head to your wireless settings and remove your existing WiFi network. If you have yet to connect to the WiFi network, you can skip to the next step.
- Add your current WiFi network by pressing the + button.
- Wait for your device to connect to the WiFi and press X repeatedly until it says Board terminal.
- Press Board followed by Confirm.
- Wait until the software has been fully updated. This can take up to 20 minutes to complete.
If the error message persists, contact our team who will be able to investigate and assist further.
What shall I do if my card terminal says ‘network disconnected’?
If a ‘network disconnected’ message appears on your Fresha card terminal, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps. If the message persists, report an issue with full details for our team to assist.