Received your Fresha card terminal and ready to start collecting payments? It’s time to activate it. We’ll run you through the quick steps to activate your Fresha card terminal, whether you’re using a V400m or S1 model.
In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Fresha card terminals overview
- Getting started
- How to activate a Fresha S1 card terminal
- How to activate a V400m card terminal
- Fresha’s top tips
- Fresha's FAQs
Fresha card terminals overview
Fresha card terminals are a quick and easy payment method which allows you to accept in-store payments from clients who can choose to pay in a range of ways.
Once you receive your Fresha card terminal, you’ll need to successfully activate it before you can start accepting payments from clients. Activation steps vary depending on the card terminal model you have, so you’ll need to follow the steps for your terminal:
Before starting the activation process, you'll need to have ordered and received your Fresha card terminal. To activate your card terminal, you need:
- A power source to charge your Fresha card terminal
- WiFi connection
How to activate a Fresha S1 card terminal
Turn your card terminal on by plugging it into the charger. If this doesn’t work, press and hold the power button until the display turns on and allow a few minutes for the Fresha logo to appear on the screen.
After selecting your language on the welcome screen, tap on the arrow button.
On the setup WiFi screen, select the + icon.
Turn ON the WiFi toggle switch.
Select the WiFi network you’d like to join.
Enter the WiFi password and select OK.
Within a few minutes, a Wi-Fi icon and cloud icon will appear at the top of the display.
Once you have connected the terminal to WiFi, it may start running some software updates which may take up to 20 minutes.
How to activate a V400m card terminal
- Turn your card terminal on by plugging it into the charger. If this doesn’t work, hold the green circle button on your card terminal for 5 seconds and allow a few minutes for the Fresha logo to appear on the screen.
- During startup, the display turns on and off a few times. Allow the battery to charge for at least four hours while you continue with the next steps.
- Press 1 followed by the green circle button on your card terminal.
- On the Fresha platform, go to Card terminals and click Activate next to the relevant terminal.
- On your terminal, access the Admin menu using the PIN code 5358 followed by the green circle button.
- Tap Network and select WiFi.
- Turn ON the WiFi toggle switch.
- Select the + icon to scan for a WiFi network to add.
- Select the WiFi network you’d like to join.
- Enter the WiFi password followed by the green circle button.
- Tap on the check mark to confirm.
- Within a few minutes, a WiFi icon and cloud icon will appear at the top of the display.
- Once you have connected the terminal to WiFi, it may start running some software updates which may take up to 20 minutes.
Fresha’s top tips🟣 After your card terminal has been activated, run a quick test sale through it to see how it works. For help, follow our guide on how to process payments using a card terminal.
🟣 Fresha card terminals are designed to run software updates during the night to ensure a seamless user experience without any interruptions during your productive day. For this, keep the device connected to a power source at all times to guarantee a smooth update process.
What payment types will my card terminal accept?
Fresha card terminals accept contactless, signature, and chip and PIN payments from all major debit and credit cards including Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Clients can also use digital payment options as our terminals accept payments through Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Can I connect my card terminal to more than one Fresha account? Card terminals can only be activated and connected to one Fresha business account. If your business has more than one location, you can assign the card terminal to multiple locations as long as they are within the same Fresha account.
Once activated, can I turn off the terminal screen?
While the Fresha terminal is switched on, the screen will not turn off however, it will automatically dim slightly if not in use.
Can I activate my Fresha card terminal without WiFi?
To activate and run your card terminal, you’ll need to be able to connect to the internet (WiFi or a mobile hotspot).
Can I activate my Fresha card terminal using Bluetooth instead of WiFi?
To activate and run your card terminal, you’ll need to be able to connect to the internet. It won’t be possible to activate through a Bluetooth connection.