Below, you'll discover the guidelines and requirements for providing proof of banking:
Accepted proof of banking
Accepted proof of banking worldwide
The proof of bank account can be any of the following:
- Full-page bank statements
- Deposit tickets or deposit forms
- Official emails or letters from your bank
- Void cheques
Accepted proof of banking in certain countries
- France - Relevé d'Identité Bancaire (RIB).
- Greece - TAMIEYTHPIO.
- Singapore - Singaporian bank passbooks.
Proof of banking requirements
- Be a full-page bank statement.
- Match the exact name of the bank account holder added to Fresha.
- Show the entire bank account number or IBAN.
- Show the bank logo.
- Show date of issuance - needs to date less than 6 months ago. This requirement applies to all types of documents, except for RIBs, cheques, or TAMIEYTHPIO.
Direct deposit tickets and forms
- Must contain a bank logo or bank letterhead.
- Must have a stamp, a date and the signature from the bank.
- The name of the account holder, account number, and name of the financial institution or logo need to be printed (not handwritten).
- Security features need to be fully visible.
- The account number and routing number need to be fully visible.
- We can only accept direct photos of void cheques, not scanned.
Letters from bank or bank account agreements
- Must contain a bank logo or a bank letterhead.
- Full bank account number.
- Complete bank account holder details.
- And must have a stamp, a date and the signature from the bank.
The uploaded document must meet the following file format and size requirements:
- Formats - JPEG, JPG, PNG, or PDF (maximum 1 file).
- Size for PDFs - minimum 1 KB, maximum 4 MB.
- Size for other formats - minimum 100 KB, maximum 4 MB.
NOTE: To ensure your account will be successfully verified, there must be a perfect match between the proof of ID and the proof of banking or company registration documents. For example, if you apply as a company (LTD, LLC), the bank statement must be in the company name. If you apply as an individual, the bank statement must be in your personal name.
Documents not accepted
We do not accept:
- Photos of bank-issued cards, such as credit or debit cards.
- Edited or personalized documents.
- Documents issued more than 6 months ago.
- Documents where required data points are obstructed or they are missing.
- Documents with cut-off, blurry, or low-quality images.
- Documents issued by third party software platforms or programs.
NOTE: Do not upload photos of bank-issued cards, such as credit or debit cards. These contain sensitive information.
See our bank statement guidelines below: