To start processing payments, simply follow the steps outlined below or skip to payment options:
Go to your Calendar and select the appointment you’d like to checkout.
- Click Checkout.
- Once there, you can add any products, services, or vouchers the client may have received on top of their original booking.
- Under Payments, you have the option to add a tip on behalf of the client.
- Click Charge and you’ll be taken to the Payment options page.
PRO TIP: If the client would like to pay using more than one payment option, you can edit the payment amount by clicking the balance shown under Pay, entering the amount, and selecting the payment method/s they’d like to use. You won’t be able to Complete Sale until the full balance has been covered.
NOTE: It's not possible to add an automatic surcharge to your online payments or invoices. We'd recommend building these surcharge costs into your service and product pricing if you wish to transfer these costs to your clients or creating a surcharge product and adding this to the invoice at checkout.
The payment options available to you when you get to checkout will vary depending on the type of Fresha account you have.
Pay by text message - Fresha Plus
If you have Fresha Plus enabled, you can start checking out your customers using our secure payment processing solution - Pay by text message.
Once you’re signed up to Fresha Plus and have set up Fresha Pay, you can start processing payments for your services using Pay By Text. Our cashless and contactless Pay By Text payment option is available to use for both online and offline bookings and is the easiest way to process your payments.
NOTE: Before you can start processing payments, you'll need to add your billing information. Once confirmed, you can set up No-Show Protection where you'll be given the option to require card details when clients book online.
If there's a card icon next to the client's profile already, you can click Charge Card. If you don’t already have the client’s card information, you’ll need to use Pay By Text.
- Once you get to the Payment page, select Pay By Text.
- Fill in the client details and click Send Now.
- A secure payment link will be sent by text message to the client's mobile number.
- Once completed, the payment will be processed and you can send an invoice to the client directly.
- Their card details will be added to their client profile and can be used to checkout future bookings.
PRO TIP: If a client has booked over the phone and hasn't previously added card details to their account, you can still use Pay By Text. We'll process the payment and payout directly to your account. The client only needs to add their card details once, so future bookings with you will be even easier.
Pay by text message with online bookings - Fresha Plus
Once your client has added their card details to their Fresha profile (when setting up their Fresha account, choosing Pay by text message, or making an online booking), a card icon will be visible on the bottom right-hand corner of the client's photo or avatar icon on your client list.
Once their appointment has been completed, their card will be visibly available as a payment option at checkout:
- When you get to the Payment page, select the card linked to the client’s Fresha account.
- Apply any necessary changes to the sale, e.g add services, tips or discounts.
- Once updates have been applied, select Charge Card.
- Payment will be taken from the card attached to the client’s account.
- You'll have the option to email or print the invoice for the client as proof of payment.
NOTE: If you select Charge Card but the value of the appointment is greater than the original booking value, an authorization code will be sent via text message to the client's registered mobile number. The client will need to read the code to you so you can type it in and authorise payment.
PRO TIP: Authorisation codes are also triggered if the booking is made Offline (by the salon) and the client would like to Pay By Text and/or if the appointment is checked out a day in advance or a day later. We recommend checking out appointments as soon as they have been completed for payouts and reporting.
NOTE: Once you've selected Charge card, DO NOT take a physical card payment again through a card terminal machine as this will result in the client being charged twice.
Pay by Cash
If the client would like to pay with cash rather than the card registered to their account, simply:
- Select Cash as their payment method.
- Click Complete Sale if the full amount has been paid in cash.
NOTE: If the client would like to pay with a combination of cash and another payment method, simply edit the payment amount by clicking the balance shown under Pay, click Cash, then select the payment method they’d like to use for the remaining amount.
Pay by Voucher
If the client has a voucher they’d like to redeem, simply:
- Select Voucher as the payment method.
- Enter the Voucher Code into the search bar to locate the voucher.
- Once the voucher has been located, select Redeem Voucher.
- If the voucher covers the full value of the sale, click Complete Sale to raise the invoice. The invoice will display the used code/s as payment.
NOTE: If the client would like to pay with a combination of a voucher and another payment method, simply edit the payment amount by clicking the balance shown under Pay, click Voucher (following the same steps outlined above), then select the payment method they’d like to use for the remaining amount.