Merging duplicate client profiles helps keep your client list up-to-date and makes it easier to combine client names, contact details, appointment history, and notes in one place.
- Things to know before merging duplicate client profiles
- Merging duplicate client profiles
- Merge duplicate client profiles in bulk
- How does auto-merge work?
Things to know before merging duplicate client profiles
- Clients can create multiple profiles using the same mobile number with different email addresses.
- Fresha automatically recognises duplicate client profiles based on their contact details (email address or mobile phone number).
- Duplicated client profiles can be merged manually, in bulk or automatically by the system.
- By merging client profiles, the system will combine appointments, sales and profile information into one client profile.
- When adding a new client profile in-store, the system will automatically display a banner at the top of your screen to notify you about any existing clients that have the same contact information, helping you to avoid creating any new duplicates.
- If you have created client profiles with identical contact details in-store, the system will auto-merge these profiles together as soon as one of these clients makes a booking online, using the same contact details they provided to you in-store.
- You can merge one or more duplicate client profiles made in-store together or with one client profile made online. It’s not possible to merge client profiles made online together.
- Anyone with access to the Clients page can merge client profiles on your Fresha account so make sure to review your team permissions (we recommend only enabling this for Managers).
Manually merge duplicate client profiles
To manually merge duplicate client profiles, follow these steps:
- Go to Clients and use the search bar to select the client you want to merge.
- Within the client view, click on the three dots and select Merge profiles.
- Fresha will populate clients that appear to be duplicated. Check the box next to the clients you would like to merge.
- If the client you want to merge has not appeared, click on Add another client to merge and select the correct client.
- Once selected, click Merge Selected.
- Choose which name and number should be used as the primary contact information for the client.
- Click Merge & Save to confirm the changes.
Merge duplicate client profiles in bulk
If you have multiple customers with the same contact details, you can merge them in bulk by following these steps:
- Go to Clients.
- If you have any duplicate clients, a banner will appear asking you to Review and merge your client list. Alternatively, you can click on Options and select Merge clients.
- Select Review & Merge.
- Check the box next to the clients you’d like to merge.
- Click Merge selected.
- To confirm the changes, you’ll need to check the box next to I understand client merging cannot be undone and select Confirm & Merge.
- The duplicate client profiles will now be merged into one, keeping the most recently added contact details. If the client had an online Fresha booking profile, the contact details used for this will be the ones kept.
How does auto-merging work?
If you have created client profiles with identical contact details in-store, the system will auto-merge these profiles together as soon as one of these clients makes a booking online, using the same contact details they provided to you in-store. This is to ensure you have a clean and organised CRM, eliminating duplicate records and providing you with a seamless customer management experience.
To prevent client profiles from being auto-merged, make sure each one of your customers provides their own unique contact details. Clients should not share the same contact details.