Who can use this feature?
No-show protection is available to Fresha Plus users only
Enable Fresha Plus to protect your business from no-shows and late cancellations
Once you’re signed up to Fresha Plus, you can enable no-show protection that requires clients to secure their appointments with a payment card. This means you can set a cancellation policy and charge a fee when clients cancel late or don’t show up.
Our advanced protection features can reduce no-shows and late cancellations by as much as 90%, saving you time and money by ensuring your appointment slots don’t go to waste.
To enable no-show protection and set your late cancellation policy, simply follow the steps below:
- Go to Card processing and select No-show protection.
- Under Clients can cancel or reschedule online, choose how much advance notice clients are required to give you when cancelling an appointment. If a client cancels an appointment at short notice it will be marked as a late cancellation. If no-show protection is enabled, you can charge a penalty fee.
- Switch the Enable no-show and cancellation protection toggle on to enable no-show protection.
- Choose a cancellation policy from the options displayed. For the best results, we recommend the Flexible option. It’s proven effective at reducing no-shows, yet not appearing tough for clients. The stricter the policy, the harder it can be for clients to accept.
- If you don't want to disable no-show protection for appointments manually booked by your staff, uncheck Ask clients to confirm manually booked appointments. When disabled, clients booked manually by your staff will not be asked to accept your no-show policy and save their card. Clients will only be asked to add their cards when booking their own appointments online.
- Click Save.
PRO TIP: You can override no-show protection for specific clients or appointments. Click here to find out more.
NOTE: To disable no-show protection, simply switch the Enable no-show and cancellation protection toggle off. Your cancellation policy will no longer be displayed on your Fresha marketplace profile and clients will not be required to confirm bookings with a payment card. If a client cancels late or doesn’t show up, you won’t be able to charge penalty fees.