We're very excited to release our Payment Processing solution and our Marketing features as part of the Fresha Plus package.
Fresha Plus is the streamlined solution that allows your business to have built-in No-Show Protection and Late Cancellation Protection, removing hurdles from clients booking online and giving clients the option to "Pay by App" for a smooth contactless, cashless and cardless experience.
This is an innovative solution and we appreciate there'll be lots of questions so we've written this article to address our most frequently asked questions:
- What is Fresha Plus?
- What is Pay by App?
- Which countries have payment processing enabled?
- What are the benefits of Pay by App?
- How can I set up payment processing and no-show protection?
- When is the authorization code activated?
- What's the difference between Individual and Business during payment setup?
- Can I add a credit card surcharge for card payments/merchant fees?
- Why do I need to add my card details?
- Can I charge deposits up front for online bookings?
- When will I receive my payouts?
- What rates will I be paying?
- Can I use my own payment gateway?
- My Banks statement does not match my report
- How do I change my bank account number?
- I used Pay by App but I can't see the payment in my bank account?
- What will my clients see when using Pay by App
- How to understand the Payments Report
- What is the difference between Pay by App and Fresha Plus?
- Am I eligible for Fresha Plus?
- How can I confirm that my banking information is correct?
- What happens if I provide incorrect banking information?
- I haven't received my money. What do I do?
1. What is Fresha Plus
Fresha Plus is the latest product brought to you by the team. It's designed to improve engagement with your clients and protect yourself against cancellations and no-shows in order to supercharge your revenues. Fresha Plus unlocks every single feature available for a single flat fee on all bookings made online, including:
- Smart Marketing - built-in Smart Campaigns for Birthdays, New clients and more
- Pay by App - use it to charge clients' cards at no additional cost
- Built-in No Show Protection - almost entirely eradicate no shows for peace of mind
- Built-in Late Cancellation Protection - option to charge for all bookings made online
To learn more about the Fresha Marketplace, click here.
2. What is Pay by App
Pay by App is our best-in-class payment processor that allows clients to pay for their services through the Fresha app speeding up your checkout process. You no longer need to use a third-party system to manage payments.
Additionally, Pay by App offers built-in no-show protection and late cancellation protection so your time and business is always protected.
NOTE: Using Pay by App is optional. It's your choice whether to make card capture "Required" or "Optional" for end-users. This can be managed under the Card Processing > No Show Protection tab within your account.
3. Which countries have payment processing enabled?
Payment processing is enabled in the United States, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Australia and Ireland
We'll be releasing payments to Europe and New Zealand over the next few months.
Additional markets will follow suit.
4. What are the benefits of Pay by App?
If you're currently using a third-party payment provider and looking to switch to Pay by App, you're in for a treat! You can look forward to;
- Built-in No-Show Protection
- Built-in Late Cancellation Protection
- Extremely competitive rates
5. How can I set up payment processing and no show protection?
Simply by having Fresha Plus activated, businesses have experienced an automatic drop in no shows and last minute cancellations, having a huge impact on your business's bottom line.
Head to Card Processing > No Show Protection to set your no show and cancellation policy. Alternatively, visit our dedicated article on how to start Managing No Show and Cancellations
Visit our article on how to set up payments here: How to set up Payments
6. When is the authorization code activated?
The authorization code only activates when the appointment was booked internally by a staff member or it was booked online and later edited, given the client has their card details stored.
Eg if the appointment price was increased from £10 to £100, the activation code would apply for the client to approve this change.
If the appointment was booked online by the client and the appointment has not been edited in any way, you will be able to charge the client the full amount, the no show fee or late cancellation fee without the authorization code.
This is because the client agreed to your online booking policy whilst booking online, meaning you can charge without any blocks.
7. What's the difference between Individual and Business during payment set up?
8. Can I add a credit card surcharge for card payments/merchant fees?
It is not currently possible to add an automatic surcharge to your online payments or invoices. You can manually calculate and add a surcharge by creating a "Surcharge" product and adding this to the invoice during the checkout process.
However, we'd simply recommend building in these 'surcharge' costs into your Service and Product pricing if you wish to transfer these costs to your clients.
9. Why do I need to add my card details?
On a very rare occasion, there may be a situation where we have released funds to your bank account; however, a week later sales were refunded. If this happens, we will need to charge your card to balance the fees. However, when clients pay online for their services using Pay by App you will build up credit and we will deduct any transaction fees before releasing the payment to your bank account, so the chances of being in arrears are very low.
Rest assured that Fresha takes its platform security seriously. Your details are securely stored and are never shared or accessed by anyone or any third parties. Our team has applied all security measures possible to help protect your transactions.
NOTE: We highly recommend that you never share your email and password with staff members. Instead, make sure to provide staff with adequate access to your account to continue checking out without access to sensitive parts of your account. Here's how to create user logins and permissions.
10. Can I charge deposits upfront for online bookings?
We've developed a better solution than the client having to pay deposits. When clients create their account through Fresha, they'll be asked to add their card details which will be validated by the system.
Since Pay by App includes built-in no-show protection and late cancellation protection, you are able to charge your clients for no-showing since you have their card details on record.
11. When will I receive my payouts?
We payout out daily. For example, if you charge a client on a Monday we release the funds the following day on Tuesday. For more information on payouts, click here.
12. What rates will I be paying?
We've negotiated exceptional rates to ensure the best for our users which means we're able to provide premium online payment features for the same rates as basic card terminal machines. Rates are inclusive of all banking fees and transfer fees but are exclusive of Tax. This means that Fresha's small payment processing fees + tax are on the fee value (not the total invoice value). For more information, see Fresha Plus Fees.
These vary between markets. To learn more about the rates in your area check out pricing here.
13. Can I use my own payment gateway?
Since we are able to offer an all-in-one solution, we do not integrate with third-party payment providers.
All payments are processed using Pay By App to help you manage everything under one roof. You no longer need to switch back and forth between two different systems while the client waits. It's all designed to provide merchants and clients with the best possible user experience.
14. My bank statement does not match my report?
Not to worry, every report tracks different metrics so it's just a matter of understanding which report you are specifically referring to.
Head to the Overview > Billing Activity tab to tally all payments received. An invoice is generated at the end of the month where you can find your Online Sales Activity and Account Statement for each transaction made online.
For a more general overview of Reports, learn more here.
15. How do I change my bank account number?
Please follow the below steps to change your bank account number:
- Head to the Card Processing > Billing Details tab.
- Click on the 3 dots to "edit bank account"
- You'll be required to add your password as verification you have access to do so
- Apply your changes and Save
16. I used Fresha Pay by App but I can't see the payment in my bank account?
We make payment releases each day. For smaller volumes of payments collected, we release the payout on the following Monday or when you reach the equivalent of $100.
Under the Overview > Billing Activity tab, you'll be able to view all your upcoming payouts.
17. What will my clients see when using Pay by App?
When clients create their account through Fresha, they'll be prompted to add their card details (if required).
Before they confirm their appointment, they'll be asked to review their card details in case they need to make changes.
View the different booking processes clients have where card details are required vs not required by clicking here.
18. How to understand the Payments Report?
Under the Overview > Billing Activity tab, an invoice is generated at the end of each calendar month showing you the total service fees and tax deducted from all online bookings.
Account Statement shows you the payment cycle of weekly Fresha payouts in your account.
19. What is the difference between Pay by App and Fresha Plus?
Pay by App is the Payment processing solution, whilst Fresha Plus is a bundle of features including Pay by App, marketing tools and cancellation and no-show protection. See more on this here: Fresha Plus
20. Am I eligible for Fresha Plus?
Fresha Plus is currently available for all UK, Australian, US, Canadian and UAE-based businesses. You can enable the 14-day preview or simply go through each section and enable Fresha Plus. We recommend heading to our article Getting Started with Fresha Plus
Should you need support on how to do any of the above, please email email@example.com
21. How can I confirm that my banking information is correct?
22. What happens if I provide incorrect banking information?
23. I haven't received my money. What do I do?
Please allow 1-3 business days for the funds to be credited to your account. We payout daily, but your bank may require a few days to accept the money.
When reviewing your banking statement, be aware that your payment will have been credited by “Fresha - UK“ or "Fresha - Australia" etc.
In the event of a missing payment, you may be asked for a bank statement covering at least 10 days after the transfer was processed and a cross-reference with your Accounts Statement.
To view the transaction history for all payments made to your account;
- Go to Overview > Billing Activity
- Click the arrow download icon for the month in question > Account Statement
- Your Statement will download automatically
For other payment-related articles, see:
- How Fresha Plus Pays For Itself
- How to set up Payments
- Payouts & Reporting
- Managing No-Shows and cancellations
- Fresha - Frequently asked questions