Our fully automated client notifications help you save time when contacting your clients about their appointments. If a client has booked an appointment using a Fresha account, they can choose whether to receive text message notifications about their appointments. You won't be able to amend this for the client but they will still receive email notifications as per our booking terms and conditions.
To review and personalise your client messaging, simply follow the steps below:
- Either go to Business Settings and click Client notifications, or navigate to the Clients section and click Automated messages.
- Here you will find all types of automated messages. The green badges show which automated messages are being sent through Email, App or Text.
- If you want to view how these messages are displayed or make edits, click on an automated message type.
- The Automation rules page shows what triggers this particular message to send and when (if applicable). For example, the Rescheduled Appointment message is triggered to send automatically when a client’s appointment start time is changed. For the Upcoming Appointment Reminder automation rules, you can set your Reminder time frame to choose how far in advance your automated message sends, and how many reminders to send. Click Next step to continue.
- On the Select channels page, you can choose how the automated message should be sent to your clients. Switch the toggles on or off to choose if the message sends via Text message and/or Email. Please note the App notification is compulsory and is set to send by default to any clients that have downloaded the Fresha app.
- Click Preview to see how the automated message will look. For email notifications, you can select Preview and edit to add extra information, if you’d like to.
Adjust client notification preferences for individual clients
You can choose which message types – email, text message, neither or both (where available) – to send individual clients via the Edit Client page:
- Go to Clients and select or search for a client to view their profile.
- Click on Client details to view how their notifications are sent. Click Edit to make any changes.
- Use the toggles next to Client notifications to select how messages are sent.
PRO TIP: You can also set a new client’s notification preferences on the Edit Client page when creating their profile for the first time.
NOTE: App notification settings are controlled by each client in their Settings on their Fresha account.
Review your sent client notifications
To review the history of your sent client notifications:
- Go to Clients and select Notifications.
- Browse the table to find the notification you want to review. Alternatively, enter a client name, email, or booking reference in the Search field and the table will automatically show matching results.
- In the Message column, click the subject line of the notification you want to review.
NOTE: Automated messages won't be sent if the client's email and/or mobile number is missing from their client profile, or if they haven't provided an email or mobile number when booking their appointment.
PRO TIP: Use the Important info box for any additional information you think the client might need. This field is limited to 500 characters.
NOTE: The App notification is compulsory for clients that have downloaded the Fresha app and cannot be toggled off.