When setting up your account, you can import your client list onto the Fresha database to make it easier than ever to start scheduling appointments for clients that have booked with you before.
How to import your clients list:
- Go to the Clients section.
- Click on Options and select Import Clients.
- Under Upload file, you have two options. Either upload your existing client database in a CSV format or click the Download template to fill it with your client information and then upload.
- Either click Upload file to find your client database on your device for importing, or drag and drop your CSV file into the blue box.
- We’ll then process your file and check for any errors. If the file fails to upload, check your file matches Fresha import requirements using the information provided and try uploading again.
- Once your file has been uploaded, you’ll need to review the columns in your file before importing. Fresha will try to automatically match the column headers in the Fresha client list to the column headers in your file. For example, if your file has a column called ‘Email address’, it will be automatically matched with Email in the Fresha client list.You can always use the drop-down boxes to change the matches Fresha has made if needed. Otherwise, click Next step to preview the list of clients that will be imported.
- Preview your list of clients being imported andcheck that all fields will be imported correctly. Any errors in a row will result in that row not being imported. To make any edits, correct your original file and reupload. Otherwise, if you are happy, click Start import.
- Once the import is complete, you’ll see confirmation of the number of clients successfully imported. This step usually takes a couple of seconds, and if you close the screen the upload will continue in the background.
Client imports FAQs
1. Which fields can I import?
The following fields can be imported per client. Only the first name field is required for import.
- First name
- Second name
- Mobile number
2. Which of those fields are required?
At least a first name is required for import. We’d recommend having at least either an email address and mobile number too, in order to send appointment updates such as reminders.
3. What about client addresses?
Addresses cannot be imported in bulk into the Fresha client database. To add address information, you can include this in theClient notes or text column. Or, you can add address to individual clients when needed.
4. Which date formats are permitted for the birthday field?
The standard date format is DD-MM-YYYY, unless you are from the United States, Panama or The Philippines, where the MM-DD-YYYY dates format is permitted. DD-MM-YY is not accepted, so you will need to adjust the date format to show the full year.
The following dividers are permitted: ":", "/", "\", "-", ".", " "
5. How are duplicates recognised?
The system will check for any identical emails or identical phone numbers. Names are not taken into account, as clients may have the same name. For example, if you have two John Smiths, but they have different mobile phone numbers, they will not be marked as duplicates.
6. What permission access do you need to import clients?
Any team members will need access to the Client section of Fresha. Permissions can be managed in Settings > Permissions.
7. If errors prevent the file upload, what should I do?
If the upload fails, please check your completed file matches the Fresha template and try again. Any errors will be listed, and there will be an option to download the errors as a CSV. Once these errors have been fixed, you can try to import the file again.
PRO TIP: We recommend importing all your existing clients before using online bookings to avoid any incorrect new client fees for existing clients. We’ll only charge new client fees for brand new clients who find you on the Fresha marketplace.
NOTE: Addresses cannot be imported onto the Fresha client database. To add address information, you can include this in the Text column.