Recent changes to A2P 10DLC regulations in the US mean your clients may not be receiving your text message blast campaigns. This is due to filtering used by mobile carriers to prevent unwanted campaigns, fraud, or abuse.
To increase the likelihood of your SMS campaigns being delivered, there are a few things we’d recommend doing:
- Always include your business name so clients know who the message is from.
- Always make sure the goal of your message is clear.
- Always give clients the option to opt out of receiving your SMS campaigns. Try adding “To opt-out send STOP” to the end of your campaigns.
- Avoid using words like ‘discount’ in the body of your text message - ‘offer’ works just as well!
- Avoid adding any unnecessary links.
- Don’t add any phone numbers in the body of your text message.
- Don't promote any cannabis-based products.
- Don't promote the marketing or sale of cannabis or CBD products via text message. The promotion of these substances is still illegal despite many states legalizing their sale.