First impressions matter and beautifully shot photos make your profile stand out, leading to more online bookings.
Make your profile stand out with high-quality photos
We've seen thousands of Fresha profiles and it's safe to say that those with top quality photos experience higher rates of online bookings, with some businesses reaching 90% of all bookings made online!
This article bullet points our photography guidelines:
1. Stock photos: We do not allow stock images even if they have been legally purchased by you or your business as they do not represent the true nature of your services, salon or spa.
2. Branding on photos: We do not use images where logos and social media handles take up a significant portion of the image. As a neutral platform, we don’t want to appear as if we’re promoting any particular spa or salon.
3. Upload format: We only support JPEG file formats for photo uploads.
4. Resolution matters: Take photos that are at least 1024 x 683px. When in doubt, the bigger the photo, the better. Use a DSLR or high-resolution smartphone camera.
5. Format: Should you be using a smartphone, take your photos in landscape format. Landscape images display much better online and in search results.
6. Number of Photos: We recommend uploading a minimum of 2 photos per profile showcasing different angles of your workplace. Pictures make your profile stand out and encourage clients to book with you, so show off any unique aspects of your work. You can upload a maximum of 4 photos per location.
7. Set the scene: Make sure to clean up and remove clutter to ensure your salon or spa looks spacious and inviting.
8. Lighting: Take photos during the day. Open the blinds to brighten your space and use natural lighting when possible. It'll enhance the best aspects of your salon.
9. Variety: Add a range of photos to help clients understand what it’s like to book your services. Take multiple photos of your salon or shop's interior, pictures of your specialists and action shots of your team working with clients.
10. Key Features: Highlight unique amenities. Clients love to visit salons with character. If you run a beauty salon, bring to attention details like your massage room or manicure table. If you run a barbershop, showcase your vintage barber's chair, reception and hair styling equipment.
Should you have any questions or need any support, please email email@example.com
For other payment-related articles, see: