Put your business in the spotlight and gain new clients using the Fresha Marketplace. For every new client that we bring you, a one-time Marketplace New Client Fee will apply on the original appointment value at the time it was booked.
When does the Marketplace New Client Fee apply?
The Marketplace New Client Fee only applies to appointments made by new clients who book through the Fresha Marketplace. For further clarification, these clients are individuals whom you have not previously met, or whose contact information was not present in your Fresha Partner account at the time they made their booking via the Marketplace.
This fee will never apply to the following clients:
- Clients that you have manually added and saved to your client list.
- Clients that already exist in your client list at the time they make the booking.
- Clients who are returning to you.
- Clients who book via your website, Google Business profile, or social channels using your direct booking URL generated through the Link builder.
How much is the Marketplace New Client Fee?
The Marketplace New Client Fee is a percentage and it is calculated based on the original value of the appointment(s) that the client initially booked online with a minimum fee applied for lower-value appointments. Fresha’s Marketplace New Client Fee is designed to be fair for your business, meaning:
- The fee does not apply on additional services or products added by your team during the checkout, after the initial booking is made.
- The fee does not apply on products purchased online.
- The fee does not apply to tips or service charges added during checkout.
Find the Marketplace New Client Fee rate and the minimum fee for your region on our pricing page.
How does Fresha identify a new Marketplace client?
Fresha has implemented a series of checks that take place to ensure your business is only ever charged the Marketplace New Client Fee for brand-new clients:
- If the client's email address matches an email address belonging to an existing client in your client list, Fresha will class this as an existing client, so the fee will not apply.
- If the client's telephone number matches the telephone number belonging to an existing client in your client list, Fresha will class this as an existing client, so the fee will not apply.
PRO TIP: We recommend adding your existing clients list to Fresha before setting up online bookings to prevent being charged new client fees for your own clients. Additionally, where possible, merge duplicated client profiles.
Will the Marketplace New Client Fee still apply to cancelled appointments?
- If you or your team members cancel the appointment on behalf of the client, the Marketplace New client fee will apply.
- If the client cancels the appointment through their Fresha account online, the Marketplace New Client Fee will not apply. Instead, this will be deferred and charged against their next appointment if they decide to book with you again.