If you hadn’t noticed already, we’ve been making some changes to give you more for free at Fresha. With the removal of our online booking fees, we decided this would be a great opportunity for us to simplify our menu and make our software easier to use than ever before. Why? Because you asked and we listened.
We've updated the user experience and moved some things around to help increase productivity, and simplify your workday. We’ve also unbundled our features so you can choose which ones you’d like to use and make them work for your business.
To help you understand what’s changed and what this means for your business, we’ve outlined everything you need to know below:
PRO TIP: You can now find your Service list and Team members under Business settings. Find out more about these changes below.
We’ve renamed some of our features
We’ve changed the name of some of our features to give you a better understanding of what each one does and what it can help your business deliver.
- Smart Campaigns - will now be known as Auto campaigns
- Consultation forms - will simply be known as Forms
- Inventory (section) - will now be known as Products. Inventory will still exist as a sub-section within Products
- Discounts - will now be known as Deals
- Invoices - will now be known as Sales history
- Staff - will now be known as Team
- Online profile - will now be known as Marketplace profile
- Analytics - will now be known as Reports
- Direct Links - will now be known as Link builder
- Marketing - will now be known as Promote
- Setup - will now be known as Business settings
- Paid plans - will now be known as Memberships
- Deposits - will now be known as Upfront payments
- Cancellation fee - will now be known as Capture card details
We’ve moved some of our features to new sections
We’ve combined similar features under the most relevant sections to help you find what you’re looking for faster. We’ve also arranged the sections you use on a regular basis to the top of the menu and everything relating to setting up your account into Business settings, including Services and Team members.
The Wallet has been moved to the top navigation bar and will be available to all users with the Owner permissions set up. Use the Wallet to track all of your fees, payouts, and transactions in one place for a simpler solution to managing your finances. Click here for more info.
- Invoices - has been renamed as Sales history. All of the same filters, including date range and location(s) can still be applied to help you manage and track your sales.
- Paid plans - has been renamed as Memberships.
The Clients section is now home to your reviews and forms. We’ve unbundled these features and made them completely free to use without having to create a marketplace profile, meaning you can start sending forms to clients before their appointment has taken place and securing rave reviews about your services once their booking has been completed.
- Reviews - Partners can now view any reviews left by clients who book via the Fresha marketplace.
- Forms - used to sit under the main menu as Consultation Forms. You can now create and manage forms to be sent out to clients when they book a specific service online.
- Notifications - used to sit under the main menu. You can now track which notifications have been sent to clients and when. Notification settings can be found here.
There are now two sections that sit under Products; Products and Inventory.
- Products - your Product list is where you can add any products you use in your salon or sell in-store or online. Add pictures, pricing, and stock levels to track how much product you’re using and selling.
- Inventory - this is where you can now manage your Stocktakes, Stock orders, and Suppliers.
There are now two sections under Business profile; Business profile and Integrations.
- Marketplace profile - used to sit under the previous online booking section. This is where you can create and manage your Fresha marketplace profiles that allow thousands of potential clients to view and book your services online.
- Link builder - previously known as Direct Links, create direct links from your website and social pages to your service menu, specific services, and team members.
- Reserve with Google - used to sit under the previous online booking section. Capture online bookings directly from Google Search, Google Maps, and more with our official integration with Reserve with Google.
- Facebook and Instagram bookings - used to sit under the previous online booking section. Add online bookings to your social pages.
Previously known as Marketing, Promote combines all of your discounts, promotions, marketing, and analytics tools in one place. Our blast campaign feature is now available to anybody who wants to use it without the need to sign up to online booking, meaning you can pick which campaigns work best for your business and create, customise, and send them at any time.
- Deals - Use to sit under the Setup section as Discount types. Create manual deals that you can apply at checkout.
- Auto Campaigns - previously known as Smart Campaigns. Choose which campaigns to enable. Once set up, you can personalise the message, amend the deal, and choose which clients to send the message to.
- Blast campaigns - previously known as Blast messages. Choose a message type to customise from our ready-made templates.
- Integrations - previously found under Online Booking. Integrate Google Analytics and Facebook Pixels onto your Fresha account.
Previously known as Card processing, Payments are now available to anybody without the need to sign up for online booking, meaning you can start processing payments and protecting your business against no-shows and late cancellations with our fully integrated, low-rate payment processing solution. You must have payment processing enabled to set up a no-show and late cancellation policy.
Under Business settings you’ll find everything you need to manage all your Fresha settings from one place.
- Account setup - manage your business details, billing information, locations, resources, and closed dates.
- Clients - manage your client messages, referral sources, and cancellation reasons.
- Services - previously found in your main menu, you can create and manage your service menu, vouchers, and memberships.
- Sales - previously known as POS (point of sale), you can manage your invoice templates, invoice number sequencing, taxes, tips, card terminals, payment types, and settings.
- Team - previously known as Staff and found in your main menu, you can manage team members, working hours, and permission levels.
We’ve unbundled our features
You can now access all of our features individually and decide which ones you’d like to use with our brand new pay-as-you-go system.
- Fresha profile - you no longer need to create a Fresha profile to access most of our features.
- Vouchers - you don’t have to create a Fresha profile to sell vouchers online but you must have payment processing enabled. Once enabled, you can sell vouchers online by sharing direct links to your vouchers.
- Memberships - you don’t have to create a Fresha profile to sell memberships online but you must have payment processing enabled. Once enabled, you can sell memberships (both one-time and recurring) online by sharing direct links to your memberships.
- Client notifications - ALL Partners can now send emails with a client review request and tipping links without having to set up a Fresha profile. You will need to create a Fresha profile to send SMS and push notifications.
- Blast campaigns - this is a paid-for feature that can be opted into at any time. You don’t have to create a Fresha profile to send Quick update or Voucher campaigns, but you must create a profile if you would like to send a Special offer.
- Forms - available to ALL Partners in ALL countries for FREE! Forms are an important part of many businesses' operating processes and allow you to gather any client details you need before an appointment takes place. Our forms have fully customisable sections, can be accessed on any device, and will be stored on the client profile once completed.
- Reviews - you don’t have to create a Fresha profile to receive reviews from your clients. Clients can now leave a review through a link sent to them via email once their appointment has taken place.
- Post-appointment tipping - you don’t have to create a Fresha profile to receive tips after an appointment from your clients but you must have payment processing enabled. Clients can now leave a tip through a link sent to them via email once their appointment has taken place.
- Payments - you don’t have to create a Fresha profile to use Payments but our fully integrated, low rate per transaction fee payment system offers a simple solution to charging clients at checkout. When Payments are enabled clients will be automatically enrolled in Confirmation with card with an opportunity to opt-out.
- Link builder - You will need to create a Fresha profile to share links to your entire service menu or a specific service. You must have payment processing enabled to create links to your paid plans and vouchers.