Partners will be able to require partial or full payment upfront, or a deposit, for all or selected services with the upfront payments feature on Fresha.
Requirements for using and setting up deposits:
- You must have Fresha payment processing enabled;
- You can choose either Upfront payments or Capture card details - you cannot have both;
- Upfront payments will be subject to the same standard payment processing fees as other card transactions;
- Upfront payments will be applicable by default for both online and offline appointments;
- When an upfront payment is collected, no invoice will be issued. An invoice will be issued once the whole appointment has been checked out;
- There won’t be any automatic refunds of Upfront payments. You will be able to refund them manually prior to the appointment, from the appointment, or after the appointment via the invoice refund.
Enable upfront payments
- Go to Payments, click Manage and select Collect upfront payments.
- If you haven’t set up upfront payments or capture card details yet, click Start now.
- If you haven’t set up payment processing, you will need to do so before you can set up upfront payments or capture card details for your services. Once payments have been enabled you can set up your policy.
- Choose how clients pay for appointments. Collect upfront payments require clients to pay a full or partial amount of the service price at the time of booking. Capture card details requires clients to confirm their appointment with a card at the time of booking. Saved cards can be charged later, when completing their appointment or when they fail to show up. Point of sale only means payments can be collected only when completing a client's appointment at checkout. Choosing this option means clients will not be required to confirm their appointment with a card at the time of booking.
- If you select Collect upfront payments, choose the percentage of the appointment price you want to charge clients at the time of booking.
- Choose which clients pay upfront- all clients or choose a client group.
- Set your policy and terms - include a brief summary of your upfront payment policy and add any additional terms and conditions that you want your clients to see when booking and confirming appointments.
- Click Finish to confirm.
NOTE: A summary of your policy can be found in Payments section. Click Manage to make changes to your upfront payments and amounts at any time.