With Fresha, you can now process one-off payments by manually entering your customer’s card details at the point of sale.
Customers can provide you with their card details over the phone, email or other less secure channels, and you can charge them at the checkout, using the Manual card entry payment option. Fresha does not store manually entered card details on file for later transactions.
NOTE: The manual card entry payment option is currently available only in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, United Kingdom and United States.
NOTE: Charging your customers through manually entered card details is less secure and more prone to fraud, leading to additional payment processing costs for you. Click here to learn more about our card processing fees.
To manually enter the client card details at the point of sale, simply follow the steps below:
- Go Sales and select New sale.
- If you haven’t already done so, you will need to add or create a client profile to check out an appointment using Fresha payments. It’s a good idea to make sure the correct client profile has been selected.
- Once there, you can check out appointments and build a cart of Products, Services, Memberships, and Vouchers for the client.
- Use the search bar, filters, and calendar(to check out only) to locate a client, item, team member, or service name and add it to your cart.
- Click on each item in the cart to edit it, remove it, assign it to a team member, or to apply a promotion (discount).
- Once you’ve filled your cart and assigned it to a client, click Continue and Add a tip if the client would like to add one.
- Click Continue to collect payment and select the payment method Manual card entry.
- Add the cardholder's full name, the card number, the expiry date, the CVV number, and the Billing ZIP code (postcode), then click Add card. You need the customer’s authorization to process this transaction and charge their card.
- Review the cart to ensure everything is correct and then click Charge to complete the payment.
- Once the payment is completed, if the customer has a valid email on file, they will automatically receive the receipt.
NOTE: The value you can charge through manually added card details is limited to 250, your local currency.
NOTE: Any chargeback received in connection with a manual card transaction on your behalf, will be passed onto you. Fresha does pay a dispute fee for every chargeback that’s raised against your account, however, we are not passing this dispute fee onto you.